Fun with Friends...



We had some friends up this past weekend...and then a friend over to play today - and you know what? I am eternally thankful for friends! There is a lot to be learned from playing with friends! For instance, did you know that everyone has a cousin related to someone famous? Did you know that even the smallest, youngest child has done some incredible feats that adults would be scared to do? It is amazing to listen to them all as they "one up" each other and "outdo" the last story told....part of being kids!



Amazingly, it is the same way with adults...I guess we never really outgrow this tendency do we? Don't read this and act like you have never done it! Come on, think back to the last time you were out with a group of friends and someone starts telling a story....sooner than the story starts, everyone is jumping in adding their two cents worth and how it happened to them - only bigger and better! I am guilty of it...I can think of many instances when I thought (after the fact of course)that I was totally insane in the conversation and can't believe that I ran my mouth the way I did! Some things never change I guess. As I watch my 9 and 10 year olds play today and as the stories grow from the "awesome battle" nerf gun wars to the "serious injury" they received during an amazing wrestling/fighting match...I think yep - that's so me!
0 comments:
Loading...